[RndTbl] Fedora Core 2 coming.... (fwd)

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Thu May 13 14:40:41 CDT 2004

This is the official word from Red Hat to the Fedora mirror sites:

> I am in the process of staging FC2 (i386 and x86_64 coming). I should
> have the reference servers synced up sometime this evening (more
> likely tomorrow morning).  This is just a heads up.  The directories
> will remain closed until I get all the bits in place, at which point
> I'll send out another email letting you know that it's available for
> mirrors.  We intend to release on Tuesday May 18th at 10am EDT.

That corresponds to May 18th at 9am CDT, i.e. Winnipeg local time.
I just checked the release schedule at the Fedora web site, and they
have indeed updated the official release date from the 17th to the 18th.

Of course, whether or not the MUUG server is ready for release at the
appointed time will depend on how quickly I can get the files transferred
over the weekend and Monday, once they do make them available to us.

So, now you know as much about it as I do...  Well, almost as much!  :)

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science	Web:	http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/