[RndTbl] What's up with the MUUG servers?

Mike Pfaiffer mike at digitalcivilization.ca
Wed May 26 01:11:47 CDT 2004

On May 25, 2004 05:35 pm, Gilbert E. Detillieux wrote:
> According to Mike Pfaiffer:
> > 	Just a "heads up"... Tried to get the Fedora  2 CDs and neither the web
> > or ftp servers will connect. It's always best to wait for about a week
> > before getting new distros. This way the mad rush is over. The RedHat
> > servers are slow as molassas.
>
> The MUUG server was down for the better part of the long-weekend (starting
> just after midnight on Sunday morning), due to a faulty disk.  It's back up
> now, and hopefully the problems are behind us for a while...

	OK. Coming from an Apple// background I can understand disks going bad after
being in use for a number of years.

	BTW, If Chris and I can arrange for a camera or two (and I can figure out how
to author a video DVD - I AM reading the manuals), what would people think
about us putting together videos of the main presentations of the meetings?
I'm thinking we could sell them (half the profit going to the MUUG). Would
there be any interest from the members/guests? We wouldn't be able to do
anything before September. Just a thought...

	Also, I've had a couple requests to pass along from a couple of guests.
They'd like to have a demonstration on how to recompile a kernel. I wouldn't
mind seeing this one myself. Is this topic in the works?

				Later
				Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |
|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |