[RndTbl] Lock-up problem

Glen Ditchfield gjditchfield at acm.org
Mon Nov 15 21:31:18 CST 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 20:44, Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> The computer is a Dell D600, with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9000...
> Every now and then ... the desktop stops responding.  ... I
> find X consuming at least 99.8% of CPU.

I can reproduce the problem now.  Viewing
http://www/brandens.net/files/Sounds/FX/Househld/sndfx.htm with Konqueror
causes a lock-up after a few minutes.  Viewing it with Firefox, or with
Konqueror on a computer with a different video card, doesn't.  I think it's
the animated GIF background that does it.