[RndTbl] X client for older Mac

Mike Pfaiffer mike at digitalcivilization.ca
Mon Nov 15 23:19:35 CST 2004

 I'm messing around with networking and I found a couple of interesting things
when connecting two Linux boxes together. I can ssh into one box and run a
graphic program on it. I try this on an M$ box and System 8 Mac and no go. It
says I need an X client. I gather from what I heard in the meetings Cygwin
(however it's spelled) is the one for M$. From what I read the best (only)
free alternative for the Mac is MI/X. The problem with MI/X is they don't
support it any more and their ftp site does not allow access even though it
is made available in their /pub area. Does anybody have a better
recommendation for the Mac?

    Later
    Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |