[RndTbl] Shell programming question

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Sat Apr 2 21:26:47 CST 2005

On April 2, 2005 07:53 pm, Bill Reid wrote this amazing epistle:
> Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
> > took the course a little over 10 years ago). I looked at the man pages
> > for Zenity and BASH. I also looked at several examples in the /etc
> > directory (obviously unsuccessfully). I'll admit to being an airhead
> > occasionally, but this is a really simple problem. Simple problems are
> > the worst ones to solve. :-(
>
> The special parameter    $?  is the status or return value of the last
> command.
>
> For example:
>

> zenity --question "Test"
> echo $?
>
> $? is 0 for "OK"  and is 1 for "Cancel"
>

> Thanks for asking the question. I have used "dialog" for similar
> purposes but zenity looks quite nice.
>
> Good luck,
> Bill

 WOW! Thanks. I'm going to try this in a couple of minutes. Your reply is
getting printed and will be next to the Zenity man page in a binder of notes.

    Later
    Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |
|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |