[RndTbl] Printing PDFs in Linux

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Fri Apr 15 15:38:53 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 03:18:09PM -0500, John Lange wrote:
> We have a report server which generates PDF files. These reports are
> 8-1/2" x 14 (legal).
>
> Under windows, Acrobat reader will scale these to print on 8-1/2" x 11".
> As far as I can tell there is no way to do something similar in Linux.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how this could be done?

Have you tried the new version of Acrobat Reader for Linux? I haven't
yet, but would guess that it is at least more likely to have recent
features in it than the old one.

You might also pursue something like using xpdf to get Postscript
files, which can be scaled and optionally tiled with utilities such as
a2ps.

	Cheers,
	Tim

--
One doesn't have a sense of humor.  It has you.
                -- Larry Gelbart