[RndTbl] Samba problem - network name not found

Dan Martin ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Dec 2 08:39:04 CST 2005

The problem is SE Linux.

I finally found the solution to this problem on Google by adding more
search terms
http://readlist.com/lists/redhat.com/fedora-list/14/73268.html

>  >>This two services was working OK before
>  >>my
>  >>update from FC3
>  >>
>  >>I think that it was having something to do with SE, because to
>  >>solution
>  >>this I had to turn off SE, reboot, then turn on SE & reboot again,
>  >>this
>  >>(I think) relabeled the entire file system & after this; no more
>  >>problems with the smb & ppp0 services getting working ok.
>  >>

I booted after turning off SE, and it works - after many frustrating
hours of looking for the problem in Samba.

--
  -Dan

Dr. Dan Martin, MD, CCFP, BSc, BCSc (Hon)

GP Hospital Practitioner
Computer Science grad student
ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
(204) 831-1746