[RndTbl] Advanced file systems

Sean A. Walberg sean at ertw.com
Tue Jan 4 14:34:16 CST 2005

VMS' file system has versioning.  You'd get a file name like "login.com;1"
for the first version, and so forth.

Not sure about metadata.  ISTR that "files" could be more than just your
usual flat file or executable -- variable and fixed length records were
intrinsic file types.  There was also a lot of information stored in the
metadata, whether or not it is extensible is a mystery to me.

If you do find a linux file system that supports versioning I'd like to
hear about it, since I'd find it handy in some cases.

Sean

--
Sean A. Walberg <sean at ertw.com>                    http://www.ertw.com