[RndTbl] Photo printer recommendations?

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jan 12 15:30:11 CST 2005

I'm about to take the plunge and get myself a photo printer.  I was
wondering if any of you had any recommendations for good printers (or
others to avoid) toward the lower end ($150-$250).  Something like the
Epson R300 or the Canon i960 is more in my price range, if those are
reasonable choices...

Feature-wise, the R300 seems like a better choice.  On the other hand,
a tech. co-worker of my brother's (whose done a lot of work servicing
printers), recommends Canon printers over other brands as generally
more reliable (and usually having less expensive consumables).  Mind
you, this recommendation is from a while ago, and applied to
general-purpose inkjet printers, and not photo printers specifically.

I figured some of you probably have more experience with this sort of
thing than I do, so I'd welcome your opinions.  Thanks.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science	Web:	http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/