[RndTbl] Problem with fetchmail

Sean A. Walberg sean at ertw.com
Tue Jan 25 20:45:57 CST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, WebImmigration.Com wrote:

> I have a problem where it is giving error code 2, and when I check, the
>
> Can anyone help?

With a problem description like that?  No.

Try running fetchmail with "-v -v" to enable verbose output including all
the client server communications.

The man page defines error code 2 as

"An error was encountered when attempting to open a socket to retrieve
mail.  If you don't know what a socket is, don't worry about it -- just
treat this as an 'unrecoverable error'.  This error can also be because a
protocol fetchmail wants to use is not listed in /etc/services."

While the output of -v -v above might tell you the problem right away, I'd
guess there might be a typo in your config file, ie a hostname or
something.  It's been ages since I've ran fetchmail, but ISTR it being
very straightforward.

Sean

--
Sean A. Walberg <sean at ertw.com>                    http://www.ertw.com