[RndTbl] faulty motherboard capacitors

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Mar 28 13:25:57 CST 2005

I just wanted to follow up on the brief discussion at the March meeting
regarding faulty motherboard capacitors and the related system
instabilities.

I have an info page set up on my site at
http://www.tecnopolis.ca/tecnopolis/leakycaps.html
where I detail the symptoms, the cause, and the repair service I provide.
Anyone who's good with a soldering gun should be able to pull off the
repair themselves.

This may help out anyone who has a board (and brand) from 2001-2002 that
is doing weird things and provide a possible solution without requiring a
whole new board/CPU/RAM purchase and consequent OS reinstall.

-- Trevor Cordes
-- Tecnopolis Enterprises