[RndTbl] Sveasoft firmware

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 11 16:44:40 CST 2005

To anyone out there who is using the (paid-for) Sveasoft firmware for the Linksys WRT54G/WRT54GS routers:

Are any other routers officially supported? OpenWRT.org supports a variety, including the ASUS models with USB 2.0 ports. I'd like to get one soon, but I'm not sure what I should buy. The latest hardware revisions of the Linksys routers apparently now has VxWorks firmware and less RAM/Flash ROM, making it unsuitable for replacement firmware.

There's a rumour that a "Linux hobbyist" version will be coming out soon, but not much is known about it. Does anyone have any details?