[RndTbl] eth0 doesn't work.... no matter what

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sun Nov 13 07:30:37 CST 2005

On 11 Nov, Sean A. Walberg wrote:

> I have no clue why this is happening.  I wiped any trace of network
> stuff in /etc/mod*, rebuilt the initrd, and grepped under /etc for any
> mention of eth0.  It even does this in single user mode.  No kernel
> paramaters either, and I'm running the latest FC1 kernel from Legacy.

What are you using to configure the card?  Did you look in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0?  Make sure there is no IPADDR
set and you have BOOTPROTO=dhcp.  In fact, besides DEVICE, BOOTPROTO,
ONBOOT and TYPE you might want to delete all other entries, espcially
HWADDR.  Then ifdown/ifup and it should work.  ifcfg-eth0 controls the
whole enchilada and it's got to be something in there, assuming your
modules are ok, which appears to be the case.