[RndTbl] Another followup to HFS+ partition on a USB drive

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Wed Oct 5 13:13:54 CDT 2005

 Not a problem. Just a followup.

 Last night I had a friend format the area I reserved for Mac stuff on the
hard drive. It was formatted HFS+. The Mac mounts it and the M$ partitions
fine. The Mac sees the ext3 fs as a UFS (Unix File System) drive and does not
mount it. Linux doesn't see the HFS+ partition. The hardware browser program
in Fedora 2 says there is no file system on the partition. I haven't tried it
under M$ yet. Past experience says it will only see the FAT32 partition.

 So far this drive seems to be happy with what I throw on it. Apart from the
HFS+, everything is EASY to do with Linux.

    Later
    Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |