[RndTbl] SPAM

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Fri Dec 29 01:09:43 CST 2006

Speaking of spam, how have other people been doing since the earlier
discussion on greylisting and/or blocklists?

For myself, I've seen two things: at work, where they haven't yet
implemented either, I get oodles of crud. There is something set up
which tags potential spam, but no hooks for retraining mis-judged
email are available. On the other hand, the spambayes plugin for
Outlook at least pre-sorts the rest with minimal retraining needed. My
personal setup has greylisting and blocklists, and I get maybe one
every day or two, and some of those are aimed at lists which are
already whitelisted.

--
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with
a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes