[RndTbl] Followup on slow file transfer on my LAN

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Sun Jan 29 23:41:04 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 20:30 -0600, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
>  I've also followed up with a suggestion to look at mii-tools. It generates an
> error as if the card were too old to be used this way.

What card is it exactly? Most likely the linux drivers for that card are
buggy. There are quite a number of older odd-ball cards that were never
properly implemented in linux and haven't been updated in years. (I had
a lot of these problems with TI chips for example).

Run out and pick up a new NIC card. They are dirt cheap these days (less
than $20) and I'll bet that will solve your problem.

--
John Lange
OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872