[RndTbl] Apache2 modules

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 8 11:13:07 CDT 2006

I got it sorted out -- at least the compile/install process. I haven't tried the module itself yet.

It turns out that the compile step (the first call to apxs2) ends up putting the .so module into ./.libs! This is the default for libtool, so that would be fine, except for some reason the next call to apxs2 (and libtool, indirectly) doesn't look there. Weird.

So, I ran 'make' once to produce the .so, then moved the file manually from .libs to the current directory, then ran 'make' again, which completed the process.

Also, I had to revert to gcc-3.4 from the gcc-4.0, which produced errors in addition to many warnings about signedness mismatches.

Thanks to Sean and Stuart for the help!

Kevin