[RndTbl] Just installed Fedora 5 - Want to install MPlayer

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Sun Jun 11 17:25:18 CDT 2006

	Some good things and some not so good things. Over all I'm not impressed, but
there aren't enough problems (yet) to justify my going back to Fedora 2.

	Anyhow... I just recompiled MPlayer and at first it didn't like the compiler.
I told it not to check the compiler and there was an error near the end of
the "make" step. I did a quick check of the MPlayer site and it seems they've
moved over to a new machine (without saying where it is). I still have a copy
of Pre-7 from before. Has anybody been able to install/compile it for Fedora
5? If so, how? Is there anything newer than Pre-7? Have the codecs been
updated? Is there indeed a new site or was I hallucinating as a result of
being up until 4:00am the previous night? Do I have to go and get the binary
rpm?

	I'll ask again at the meeting on Tuesday. Alternatively, if I get it working
I'll tell everybody how (if someone reminds me).

				Later
				Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |