[RndTbl] Core 5 DMA errors

schwartz millward at ms.umanitoba.ca
Tue May 30 15:20:22 CDT 2006

I'm getting weird DMA errors on my Fedora Core 5 computer.
The motherboard is an ASRock P4VM800 with 512MB DDR
Celeron 2533 MHz Model 4
hard drive  is a Hitachi 7K80 7200 rpm parallel-ATA 80 Gig.
Fedora is installed on /dev/hda7  9.4 Gig partition  ext3
The DMA error message  shows up during big file,
or multiple file, copying from one directory to another,
and during bootup. dmesg shows this message:
cd ..hda: dma_intr: status=0x51
{  DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriverStatus Error BadCCR }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
    Sometimes the error message shows up at one point
in the boot process, sometimes in another. During really
big copies, the DMA error message is quite frequent.
I also have XP, 98SE, and Slackware on the machine
but so far none of them have this error, or maybe they're
not telling.
Can anyone tell me how to deal with this problem?