[RndTbl] Grey-listing in effect on MUUG server

Tim Lavoie tlavoie at acm.org
Fri Nov 17 00:00:28 CST 2006

>>>>> "GD" == Gilbert E Detillieux <gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca> writes:

 [ lots of great stuff about greylisting truncated ]

    GD> If you're not running sendmail, but some other SMTP server,
    GD> you should look for a similar grey-listing solution for your
    GD> mail server.

Excellent timing, Gilbert! I was just looking for something to add for
my personal mail setup, though I've got qmail instead of sendmail.

What I did find though, might be helpful for others too. There is
another program called qpsmtpd, which takes a plugin approach. This
allows for multiple ways to handle the incoming message, with an
included greylist plugin as one of them. It also supports DNS block
lists, virus and spamassassin scans, and even the sendmail milters you
mentioned.

It started out as a replacement for qmail-smtpd, but is now quite
flexible, and can sit out in front of other MTAs as well. If
interested, it can be found at: http://smtpd.develooper.com/

    Cheers,
    Tim

--
"Some civil servants are neither servants nor civil."
    -- Winston Churchill