[RndTbl] Video Overlay cropped

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Oct 10 09:04:27 CDT 2006

I finally have a MythTv box up and running with everything mostly
working.

I have one final problem which I can not solve.

When any video is played back on the box it displays "cropped". In other
words, the video shows only about the top-left 2/3 of the video. It
doesn't matter if its full screen or in a window. Both mplayer and xine
exhibit the same behavior and it happens with both live video and
recorded clips.

Adjusting the video capture resolution does not make a difference.

I'm almost certain there must be a video overlay setting or something
but having spent most of the weekend searching I'm mystified.

Any tips?

John