[RndTbl] Wireless PrintServer example

Dan & Michele ve4drk at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 18 19:56:41 CDT 2006

FWIW, I recall seeing a stack of boxes at BestBuy St James Saturday ..
they were the linksys usb wireless printservers .. they were "blowing
them out" at about $70 or something close to that I thought ... not too
shabby for a dedicated usb print server . not sure if they're still on
clearance or not ... they were on a table ...

as for other options .. you could always just plug it into a linux box
and hook up a wireless card to it ...
or ... I like this one ...

The wrtsl54gs:

http://tinyurl.com/zjc6x (linksys own site)
http://tinyurl.com/n38l6 (londondrugs.ca) .. the only place I actually
saw a unit in the city here .. although they want $150 for their unit
and wont budge on price.
http://tinyurl.com/l2e99 (ncix @ 117.70)
http://tinyurl.com/kvpud (tigerdirect @ 127.00)
http://tinyurl.com/ghht3 (some review)

Naturally, you can hack up a wrt54g and add a usb interface as john
mentioned ...
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Customizing

... there's some pretty cool hardware mods for this thing ... I
personally like the 1wire temperature sensor project:
http://owfs.sourceforge.net/
... you can pick up some from maxim-dallas ...
**
Dan.