[RndTbl] Unix Copyrights Rightfully Belong to Novell

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 13 09:33:47 CDT 2007

On Saturday, Aug 11, 2007, at 00:50, John Lange wrote:
> It's pretty much all over but the crying....

Well, that and the inevitable class action lawsuit against SCO by the
companies that paid them license fees for software they didn't own the
rights to in the first place.  ;-)

> "In a decision that may finally settle one of the most bitter legal
> battles surrounding software widely used in corporate data centers, a
> federal district court judge in Utah ruled Friday afternoon that
> Novell,
> not the SCO Group, is the rightful owner of the copyrights covering the
> Unix operating system."
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/11/technology/11novell.html?ref=business

It's interesting to note that SCO's share price only dropped by 1 cent
following the news, having already dropped to about 8% of its high
point in 2003.  I guess the market knew it was coming.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/