[RndTbl] Clean Linux install problems

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:23:35 CST 2007

Gilbert E. Detillieux wrote:
> On 2007-12-07 11:09, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
>> On Dec 7, 2007 9:10 AM, John Lange <john.lange at open-it.ca> wrote:
>>> Just to be on the safe side I'd run some diagnostics on it starting with
>>> memtest.
>>
>>      Worth a try...  It runs as long as I let it. Is 10 minutes enough?
>
> I'd let it run overnight.  A 10-minute run is not long enough if you've
> got an intermittent error that only shows up sometimes.

	Two full cycles and part of a third. No errors.

	I reinstalled the Gutsy beta. The updates break some of the old applets
but for the most part I'm back where I was. The upgrade process to the
full Gutsy produces the same results as before.

	Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Tuesdays meeting. It's one I
really wanted to see too. Yet another death in the family. It's been a
rough year. Please express my regrets. I anticipate attending in January.

				Later
				Mike