[RndTbl] Shaw Internet stops working for an hour or so

Dan & Michele ve4drk at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 20 06:43:38 CST 2007

I have a friend who lives a few blocks from me in the same neck of the
woods and he was using a linksys version 5 router and had the similar
problems you were experiencing ... he was using dhcp as it's residential
-- the problem he was experiencing was that it was terribly slow until
he rebooted his router (would stay up fine for a day or two max) --
which leads one to think it's a router thing -- upgrading to current
images and checking the settings etc, no change ... but, I guess
anything's possible.
He stuck in a trendnet router (the tew43*BRP* type of thing) and he has
not had problems with his connection.

I run dual linksys routers in parallel off a switch to my shaw modem and
have never experienced this problem .. they've all been up for months
with no downtime.  Not sure if it's relevant or not, but could it be
shaw is poking around the services and see who is running what and doing
"something"  etc etc ...

Just my 2c

Dan.