[RndTbl] 127.0.0.1 -> a web page

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:16:26 CST 2007

I am playing around with the idea of putting a hosts file on the the
computers I look after that points a lot of sites to 127.0.0.1
(i.e. http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm )

I've been testing it on my computer and it seems to work well, except
it would be nice if it would display a custom page (stored locally),
instead of the default "Unable to connect"(FF), or "The page cannot be
displayed" (IE).
I know there are som shell script type web servers for linux but this
would need to be a Windows app. I don't want to potentially create
more insecurity (from installing a full web server).
Any suggestions?

-Montana