[RndTbl] Point to point wireless

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 4 09:28:14 CDT 2007

Where is a good place to order Buffalo wireless equipment? How important is line-of-sight? Would it be reasonable to get a good connection across 270 feet (~82m) from inside one house to inside another, with trees and fences in the way? Two of the homes are 5.5 lots apart (across the backyard - no lane - and down five houses). I'd rather get a better connection and not blanket the neighbourhood with our signal if possible, which is why I'm wondering about a directional antenna.