[RndTbl] Fwd: USENIX Annual Tech '08 Call For Papers Now Available

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jul 28 15:13:03 CDT 2007

Just FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Board] USENIX Annual Tech '08 Call For Papers Now Available
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:57:49 -0700
From: Lionel Garth Jones <lgj at usenix.org>
To: info at muug.mb.ca, gedetil at muug.mb.ca

---------------------------------------
Call for Papers
2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference
June 22-27, 2008, Boston, MA
Paper Submissions Deadline: January 7, 2008, 11:59 p.m. PST
http://www.usenix.org/usenix08/cfpa/
---------------------------------------

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the 2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference program
committee, we request your ideas, proposals, and papers for tutorials,
refereed papers, and posters.

Authors are invited to submit original and innovative papers to the Refereed
Papers Track of the 2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference. Authors
are required to submit full papers by 11:59 p.m. PST, Monday, January 7,
2008.

We seek high-quality submissions that further the knowledge and
understanding of modern computing systems, with an emphasis on
implementations and experimental results. We encourage papers that break
new ground or present insightful results based on practical experience.

The USENIX conference has a broad scope; specific topics of interest
include but are not limited to:

* Architectural interaction
* Deployment experience
* Distributed and parallel systems
* Embedded systems
* Energy/power management
* File and storage systems
* Networking and network services
* Operating systems
* Reliability, availability, and scalability
* Security, privacy, and trust
* System and network management and troubleshooting
* Usage studies and workload characterization
* Virtualization
* Web technology
* Wireless, sensor, and mobile systems

More information on these and other submission guidelines is available
on our Web site:

http://www.usenix.org/usenix08/cfpa/

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper submissions due: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:59 p.m. PST
Notification to authors: Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Final papers due: Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Please note that January 7 is a hard deadline; no extensions will be
given.

We look forward to your submissions.

On behalf of the Annual Tech '08 Conference Organizers,

Rebecca Isaacs, Microsoft Research
Yuanyuan Zhou, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference Program Co-Chairs
usenix08chairs at usenix.org