[RndTbl] problem finding executable

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Sat Jun 2 11:17:54 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 16:24 -0500, Dan Martin wrote:
> This might be obvious, but I can't see it -
> bash gives me a "command not found" error.  The executable is in ~/bin.
> My PATH includes this directory (in expanded form).  If I specify the
> path, it executes.
> I have a number of executables in the directory, and the 3 most recently
> compiled will not execute unless the path is specified.  Several others
> will execute without a problem - in spite of having the same permissions!
> What am I doing wrong?

You don't mention what shell you use, if it is a csh type shell you may
have to type `rehash' to get it to find the new executables.

I have had problems with bash where I put a new executable at the head
of my path and it continued to find the hashed one somewhere else, man
bash and search for type and hash to help you out if that is the case.

Hope this helps,
Peter