[RndTbl] info@muug.mb.ca Bounces

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jun 4 10:16:21 CDT 2007

On 2007-06-01 09:27, John Lange wrote:
> When I send email to info at muug.mb.ca is bounces saying it needs
> moderator approval but info is listed on the web site as a general
> contact email address.
>
> Just thought someone should know.
>
> John

Don't worry, the mail does go through, eventually.  The "info" alias now
just points to the "board" list, which is a GNU Mailman list for the
current board members.  As such, it's a closed list, and non-member
posts are held for moderator approval.

What I typically do is add known addresses to the accept list, so that
future correspondence does go through right away.  (I believe that's
what I did with your posting.)  So, moderator approval is typically just
needed the first time.

The main reason for doing this is to keep spam from going out to all the
board members.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science	Web:	http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/