[RndTbl] Multihoming

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Jun 7 11:44:48 CDT 2007

Fair enough. I'll accept that.

If you have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multihomed

it does allow that there are several things loosely considered to be
multi-homed.

However, in the 3rd definition "Multiple Links, Single IP address
(Space)", it says "This is what in general is meant with Multihoming"
and that is the definition I have always gone by.

In short, if you aren't doing BGP, you aren't multi-homed, but as with
most things that people don't understand well the term has been diluted.

Just like calling a home Linksys firewall a "router", even though it
doesn't route anything.

John