[RndTbl] IRCd sendq setting?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Jun 7 14:25:30 CDT 2007

I'm hoping someone on this list has setup an IRC server before.

I'm trying to setup this strange software (hudlite-server) which
communicates with its clients over IRC channels.

The problem is the hudlite server keeps flooding itself off ("Excess
Flood").

I'm pretty rusty on my ircd.conf but I increased the sendq for that
connection class to 5120000 (~5M) but it still keeps happening.

Anyone remember their IRC OPER days?

# Y:<Class>:<Ping Frequency>::<Max Links>:<SendQ>:<Local Limit>:<Global Limit>
Y:14:90::100:5120000:3.3:3.3

# I:<TARGET Host Addr>:<Password>:<TARGET Hosts NAME>:<Port>:<Class>

This server is ircd v2.10.3p7 as packed with SLES10.

John