[RndTbl] Linux install on a Compaq Presario

greg.carter at orf.org greg.carter at orf.org
Sun Mar 11 20:35:31 CDT 2007

Hello Round Table,

I have stated to do an install of Ubuntu 6.10 on a Compaq Presario R3000 series
and have encountered some known issues such including the Broadcom wireless
and possibly the Alps mouse pad. I have partitioned the HD but am stalled with the
programming required to work around the Broadcom device. I understand the
Presario can be made to work but it takes expertise beyond my ability. Is there
anyone in Winnipeg who  might be interested in this project...?

Thanks much,

Greg Carter