[RndTbl] Doing a short BSD presentation for the MWCS next week

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:28:21 CDT 2007

Bill Reid wrote:
> Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
>>     I've managed to install BSD on a 200MHz system (4GB hard drive).
>> The folks at the MWCS were so impressed they asked me to do a demo. It
>> seems
>
> A related Linux blog:
>
> 13 Apps to install on a Slow Computer
>
> http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/03/13-applications-to-install-on-ubuntu.html
>

> -- Bill

	Useful link there. I have another slow machine coming in in a little
while (then going out again really soon). If the hard drive is bigger
then I will absolutely include some of those apps.

	In the meantime I have to figure out how to get the sound running on
the FreeBSD box to do any of the multimedia stuff on the page. A lot of
the other apps require Gnome to be installed. Can it be done in 700 MB
on the hard drive? I'll look at Gnumeric. I think that may be the one
for the demo.

				Later
				Mike