[RndTbl] Linux Jails

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Wed Nov 14 12:52:42 CST 2007

    Bill> I enjoyed Shawn's presentation tonight. For those who would
    Bill> like to try out a Linux Jails equivalent see
    Bill> http://openvz.org/

    Bill> Unlike FreeBSD the OpenVZ kernel mods have not made it into
    Bill> the mainstream Linux kernel. You have to get a kernel from
    Bill> the OpenVZ site.

    Bill> It is certainly not as easy to configure as Jails but there
    Bill> are templates available for various Linux distros to make
    Bill> the job easier.

Hi Bill,

How does OpenVZ compare with the Linux Vserver system? I had thought
that was about the closest equivalent I'd seen, but hadn't really had
a look at vz yet.

  Cheers,
  Tim

--
"Half of the American people never read a newspaper.  Half never voted
for President. One hopes it is the same half."  --Gore Vidal