[RndTbl] NFS again, please HELP!

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Nov 19 15:40:59 CST 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 07:33:54PM -0600, Sean Walberg wrote:
> Does nfsstat show any errors?  I'm no NFS wizard.. It's always just worked
> for me

Thanks, I hadn't known about that command.  Funny how NFS-relevant
commands and files seem to be everywhere.

The only hints the output gave me was:

1. I'm using v3.  Is that ok?  Does v3 support locking or are all the net
references talkinga bout v4?  I recall I'm using v3 because it has better
recovery characteristics because it's UDP.

2. The v4 sections of nfsstat output show locking parameters, but v3 does
not?  Maybe time to try switching up to v4.  Doesn't explain why my
loopback tests worked (with locking), when they must have been v3!  What
version does everyone else use?