[RndTbl] Mysql connection problem

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Thu Apr 10 23:48:34 CDT 2008

Deepan wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am able to connect to Mysql via command line
> using mysql client. I am also able to connect to
> mysql via php if I run those php programs via
> command line. However when I hit those php pages
> via the browser it throws the error Can't connect
> to local MySQL server through socket
> '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2). Please note that this is
> the same socket the mysql client tries to connect
> to the server.

Hi,

Check the permissions on the socket itself, check that you can connect
to it from the command line using php when run as the same user and
group as your webserver (on Mac OS X, "www" or "_www").

You asked this on the #macports irc channel too the other day, right? So
try installing phpmyadmin with macports and ensure that you can connect
to the mysql server.

Thats about all I can think of, hope it helps.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman
http://pogma.com