[RndTbl] Open Source Trouble Ticket System?

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Wed Aug 27 11:14:07 CDT 2008

If your needs are basic we've been using phpSupport (http://phpsupport.jynx.net
) at Frantic for years.

The older versions are complete garbage, the newer stuff is getting
better but we ended up rebuilding the front end and added a few things
to make adding tickets neophyte proof (email creation of tickets,
simple UI applications attached to internal tools, etc.) as well as
ticket management and reporting (AJAX dashboard and reporting system).

I've evaluated RT and it isn't a 'drop in' kind of thing you really
need to figure out what you need and set it up for your environment.
RT is definitely the most flexible option, but if you just need a drop
in system phpSupport is reasonable and I would be willing to give out
our additions to it.

A trouble ticket system at it's very basic really needs:
	1) A means of creating tickets.
	2) A means of updating tickets.
	3) Ownership of tickets and filtering by said ownership.
	4) Functionality to close, reopen and search tickets.

	5) Classification per ticket is not really necessary but when doing
reports it helps (like 'life time of all software installation
requests tickets over period X).

> On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 06:44 -0500, Montana Quiring wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can I get some recommendations for some open source trouble-ticket
>> (web based) software, please?

Sean