[RndTbl] Open Source Trouble Ticket System?

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:01:39 CDT 2008

Thanks for all the suggestion and feedback.

One feature that I was really hoping for was LDAP authentication. It
looks like RT might be a bit overkill and a fair bit of work to
install, but it has an LDAP auth module, so I'll give it a shot. I've
gotten a bit spoiled by getting used to extracting a tar ball and
browsing to the php install script. :)

-Montana

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Sean Cody <sean at tinfoilhat.ca> wrote:

> If your needs are basic we've been using phpSupport (http://phpsupport.jynx.net
> ) at Frantic for years.
>
> The older versions are complete garbage, the newer stuff is getting
> better but we ended up rebuilding the front end and added a few things
> to make adding tickets neophyte proof (email creation of tickets,
> simple UI applications attached to internal tools, etc.) as well as
> ticket management and reporting (AJAX dashboard and reporting system).
>
> I've evaluated RT and it isn't a 'drop in' kind of thing you really
> need to figure out what you need and set it up for your environment.
> RT is definitely the most flexible option, but if you just need a drop
> in system phpSupport is reasonable and I would be willing to give out
> our additions to it.
>
> A trouble ticket system at it's very basic really needs:
>        1) A means of creating tickets.
>        2) A means of updating tickets.
>        3) Ownership of tickets and filtering by said ownership.
>        4) Functionality to close, reopen and search tickets.
>
>        5) Classification per ticket is not really necessary but when doing
> reports it helps (like 'life time of all software installation
> requests tickets over period X).
>
>> On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 06:44 -0500, Montana Quiring wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Can I get some recommendations for some open source trouble-ticket
>>> (web based) software, please?

> --
> Sean

-Montana