[RndTbl] Paypal?

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 1 12:18:43 CST 2008

On 2008-12-01 12:11, John Lange wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't make it out in person to many MUUG meetings
> anymore due to schedule conflicts but I'd still like to keep my
> membership active.
>
> This year, like past years, the membership form is sitting collecting
> dust on my desk because I'm simply horrible at cutting checks, finding
> envelops buying stamps etc. What a hassle!
>
> Is it possible that the group could setup online payments? This requires
> nothing special on the MUUG web site other than a link to a payment
> portal such as pay-pal.
>
> With only a little more work the paypal account can be linked to the
> MUUG bank account so the funds can be auto-deposited.
>
> What is the groups feeling on this?

Actually, it's something the board has already been considering as a
future option.

The first step is we have to migrate our membership database from the
old proprietary system it's currently running on (since it was developed
in the very early '90's), to something modern and online.  That's
already in the works.  However, that won't help you for this year's
renewal, unfortunately!  :)

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science	Web:	http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/