[RndTbl] Paypal?

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Mon Dec 1 12:35:03 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 12:18 -0600, Gilbert E. Detillieux wrote:
> Actually, it's something the board has already been considering as a
> future option.
>
> The first step is we have to migrate our membership database from the
> old proprietary system it's currently running on (since it was developed
> in the very early '90's), to something modern and online.  That's
> already in the works.  However, that won't help you for this year's
> renewal, unfortunately!  :)

I see that as two separate projects. Online payments don't have to be
tied to any database or online membership tracking system. You can just
accept the payments via paypal and then process the renewals as normal
and continue to use the old system.

If you like I'll volunteer to do the paypal setup but I will need to
coordination with someone who can see your bank statements. And of
course there would need to be some links added to the web site.

I've done it a couple times in the past for other groups and it is quite
straight forward though there are a few steps.

Regards,
-
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca