[RndTbl] using hub to connect to shaw

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 23:44:01 CST 2008

Kevin McGregor wrote:
> Since your 10BaseT hub runs at 10 Mbit/s, and Shaw High-Speed Internet
> (not Extreme) is 5 Mbit/s (downstream), the answer is probably 'not much'.
>
> For reference, http://speedtest.shaw.ca/ for me reports 17.4 Mbit/s
> down, 830 Kbit/s up. I think I've got Extreme-I + PowerBoost (they
> upgraded me for free for six months).
>
> Kevin

	As a reference I have 4.7Mbit/sec and 437Kbit/sec for the regular Shaw.
A second test showed 5.5Mbit/sec and 438Lbit/sec. Your hub is still
faster than Shaw. Of course everything on the other side of your Linux
box will remain the same.

	BTW, Lindsay was thinking of dropping by to see if we could help out in
person. Good to see you fixed the problem without us. ;-)

				Later
				Mike