[RndTbl] ubuntu 7.10 and shaw cable

schwartz millward at ms.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 12 10:12:54 CST 2008

 I replaced the offending computer with another machine. The replacement had
 no trouble with shaw, but I was still suspicious, so I ran it all day yesterday doing a download and there was no problem. This morning I turned it
on, ( it runs Ubuntu 7.10 ) and still had no trouble with shaw internet.  So I suspect something is wrong on the original computer. Maybe the nic is going, or the hard drive or perhaps a virus? I didn't think Linux got viruses.  Anyway, I'm going to be busy hunting down what might be wrong with the offending computer.  This could take some time.
    I'm sort of disappointed that I can't blame shaw for this problem.