[RndTbl] network problem

Dan Martin ummar143 at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 17:42:20 CST 2008

Sean Walberg wrote:
> Random thoughts:
>
> Win2k outside fw is not a conclusive test. Some people are only
> allowed 1 ip from the modem. Unplug fw from modem, reboot modem, and
> try again

I did power it down - though only for 30 sec.  It appeared to go through
the cycle of flashing lights, etc.
> Does the win2k box pick up an addy on the inside (assuming you use dhcp)?

Using fixed private addresses on the inside.
> Not sure why you're getting proxy errors, are you configured for a proxy?

No - other than the firewall acting as a proxy (which should be
transparent to the app).
> You could also try tcpdump or wireshark to see what's going on network wise.

I will have to play sometime - but at present it works on a different
machine on the network, even though it should be handled exactly the
same by the firewall.

--
  -Dan

Dr. Dan Martin, MD, CCFP, BSc, BCSc (Hon), MSc

GP Hospital Practitioner
Computer Scientist
ummar143 at shaw.ca
(204) 831-1746