[RndTbl] Strange Shaw traffic. Shaping?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Feb 19 15:38:10 CST 2008

Just recently I noticed that when I try and upload a file from my Shaw
home Xtreme account via SSH (scp), the transfer starts out quickly
reaching nearly 1Mb, then my entire Shaw connection clamps right down
and my ping times shoot through the roof (800ms).

In fact, not only does the upload slow to a crawl but the entire
connection becomes unusable for anything.

I don't do a lot of uploading but I don't recall this ever happening
before.

Is anyone else seeing this? Has Shaw started some heavy duty traffic
shaping?

John