[RndTbl] ext3 fs corrupted

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 25 11:21:24 CDT 2008

I installed FC9 a few weeks ago but I have ended up with the root fs corrupted.
I did see a reference to coming out of hibernation with a different kernel can
corrupt the file system. I suspect that was my problem since I believe the auto
update did apply a new kernel and I did hibernate last night. But of course it
could have been some other cause.

fsck suggests trying fsck -b 8193 ...
When I tried fsck with -b  I get a message about the Device is busy.

Any suggestions?

Since most of the work on the system that I have done is installing and
configuring software I am inclined to just start over.

-- Bill