[RndTbl] Can't send to gmail. 451 4.5.0 SMTP protocol violation see RFC 2821

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Wed Nov 12 17:53:55 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Gilbert E. Detillieux <
gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> > 451 4.5.0 SMTP protocol violation see RFC 2821
>
> Usually, an error message like that would suggest something is messed up
> in the MTA configuration at one end or the other.  Did you bother to
> check this site for likely possibilities?...
>
> http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/rfcs/rfc2821.php

Which one of the 79 pages do you suggest he starts with, Gilbert?

While you're mulling that over, I'll suggest something more helpful:

http://forums.devshed.com/mail-server-help-111/gmail-responds-451-4-5-0-smtp-protocol-violation-568574.html

Google's the one at fault here, the thread has a workaround from the postfix
mailing list, and seems to have fixed the problem permanently.

Sean

--
Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/