[RndTbl] Request Tracker

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:03:59 CDT 2008

Hello,

If someone could throw me a bone, I would really appreciate it.
I think I am very close to having Request Tracker running (it told me
so). It said I just needed to finish setting up my web server.
I followed some on-line instructions and now when I go my RT URL I get
this web page:
500 Internal Error
Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root and inform them of the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.
<---SNIP---->

The tail end of my apache error log says this:
[Wed Sep 03 06:45:53 2008] [alert] [client 207.161.57.35]
(13)Permission denied: FastCGI: failed to connect to (dynamic) server
"/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi": something is seriously wrong, any
chance the socket/named_pipe directory was removed?, see the
FastCgiIpcDir directive
[Wed Sep 03 06:45:53 2008] [error] [client 207.161.57.35] FastCGI:
incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server
"/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"

any suggestions?
--
-Montana