[RndTbl] Really Old (antique) computer, Victor 9000

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed Apr 15 14:32:58 CDT 2009

This is a bit off topic but I'm wondering what suggestions people have
for old computers that have slight historical significance?

I have, still in good working order (just booted it last weekend), a
Victor 9000.

There is a write up on it here:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=210

(side note: On that historical page, some of you might recognize the
name Michael Gillespie who used to run a company here in Winnipeg called
"Gray Research" in the Grain Exchange building dedicated to writing
software for the Victor 9000. But I digress..)

This particular machine holds a special attachment for me because I
wrote (with some help from Greg Moeller & Bruce Walzer, also of Grey
Research) and operated a BBS on it (the Twilight Zone).

Anyhow, I've finally decided I'd like to get rid of it but I can't stand
the thought of just dumping it in a Landfill (assuming they'd even let
me do that).

Anyone have any alternative suggestions?

--
John Lange
http://www.johnlange.ca