[RndTbl] OS X tips

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:48:05 CST 2009

On 2009-12-16, at 10:20 PM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

> On 12/16/2009 10:02 PM, Dan Martin wrote:
>> I was at the Apple store yesterday, asking about Snow Leopard.  I had
>> understood earlier that it was an 'upgrade' from Leopard - but the guy
>> in the store says it's a complete OS and has no previous requirements
>> (except the firmware, I assume).
>>
>> So there is also one being sold for $200?
>
> http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MC209Z/A
>
> It does also include iLife and iWork.
>
> Peter

	I wonder if it's the full versions... 10.4 had demo versions of some of the products. As demos I found them to be pretty useless. What's more I find demands for money for things I probably won't use to be quite offensive. There are a number of pretty good free products out there. Nowhere near the number of items as there is for Linux mind you but there are some good ones out there. I mean, why use M$ Word when there is NeoOffice... I've installed the Perian Codec package, Gimp (I think it wants a new version), Simply Burns, VLC, NeoOffice (naturally) and a couple of others. Anyhow... Since I don't use iLife and iWork (same as most people I think) there is no need to pay for it.

				Later
				Mike